As they say... many hands make light work
We are always ready to welcome volunteers at Burnie Community House. Opportunities to volunteer include:
- Community garden - potter in our small community garden on Mondays or Thursdays with like minded volunteers.
- Multicap Craft - support Multicap clients to enjoy craft activities supplied by Multicap.
- Bread collection- collected from a local CBD bakery every Thursday evening and delivered back to the House for distribution to community members on Friday. This is a once every 6-8 week position.
- Commercial market garden - sink your gardening or building skills into our fully operation 1 acre market garden.
- Commercial kitchen (chef/cooks) - support our social enterprise arms by cooking for our catering business, café or canteen services.
- Community Food Co-operative - the full retail experience from stocking shelves, serving customers, ordering products and cleaning the space.
- No Interest Loans - Input details to the computer system for No Interest Loans applications
- if you have a skill or interest you would like to share with a group of like minded people then let us know!!
There is also the opportunity to support us by using our services at the food co-op, café, catering or canteen services.
If you are a business or company interested in supporting a community project then please contact Tracy or Shandel. We can design sponsorship and patronage packages to suit your needs. All support is tax deductible with DGR status through ANCHA, our peak body.
If you have some spare time and would like to give back to your community please call Tracy or Shandel on 6433 3219